Monday, July 11, 2005

work, and all that excitement

I still haven't really started working at the office yet. Always seems there is something we are waiting for. Lately I have been going through some incomplete tutorials on the CAD program they use. Maybe once I get good it would work better than something like SolidWorks, but it seems to be pretty similar to programs freely availible I have on my Linux box. I try to show positivity about the totally anti-intuitional, brain-rending user interface by saying I obviously do not understand it well enough. And it doesn't seem that much of a coding leap to make it usable--just make dimensions define objects, instead of the other way around!
So, Coda, can you write me a Java CAD program that actually works?

Back at home I sit in my empty house and try to figure out how to fill it. I have some good ideas for making some furnature, but I need some stuff from MO. And one of the new hires here is going to Rolla for the weekend (of boozing on the rivers). So maybe I'll go with him, or have my family send with him some pieces of tempered glass from behind the shed.

oE Abu
Comments:
definately build your own furniture. there's this place called The Yard just off I135 that's half scrap yard half tool store. very cool, they sell any size of aluminum scrap you can think of--i saw one chunk there a foot wide, two feet long and eight inches thick. you should definately visit, you'd like the place.
 
but i was just bopping about wichita the week before last, if i'd known you were in town i'd've looked you up. as it was, i just missed schooby as he came into the area for the weekend. get ahold of me (johnnyfive at gmail) and let me know where you're at.. i'll look you up next time i'm stateside (possibly early december).
 
here's The Yard. (316) 265-4672
 
Hey, yeah, you should stop by!
Pretty boring, my place is, but that may improve.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.