Saturday, April 02, 2011

Food

Saturday, November 3rd, 2007

So, I opened a can of Salmon this evening, and was going to eat it with a fork, but Bolt suggested that I check the internet for recipes. I chose this one because I had avocados in the fridge.

Here’s the recipe:
Grilled Salmon with Mango-Avocado Relish
For the mango-avocado relish:
*1 1/2 avocados
*1/3 cup fresh lime juice
*1 1/2 cups diced mango
*1/3 cup diced red pepper
*1/3 cup chopped scallions

For the salmon:
*1 Tbsp canola oil
*6 salmon fillets,4 to 5 ounces each
*salt to taste
* freshly ground black pepper

You chop up the stuff in the relish and grill the salmon.

Well, I didn’t have any mangos, but I did have an apple, so I chopped that. No lime juice, or even lemon juice, so I put lemon pepper on the salmon. I’m not sure if it is supposed to be chopped red pepper or peppers, but since I had neither, paprika seemed close enough. I had to look up “scallions” —turns out they are green onions. I’ve got onions I could chop…wait, freeze-dried chives are green and onion-like!
I figured frying the salmon in butter would be better than oil, and I sprinkled on some salt and pepper and lemon pepper. Maybe too much pepper, now that I’m eating it.

It turned out pretty good, but I think I would order a different interesting menu item next time. It’s way better than if I’d just eaten it as it comes out of the can.

I doubt that this is going to become a cooking blog.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.