Saturday, April 02, 2011

Water from the sky!

Monday, November 5th, 2007

Yup, it’s been just under a month, and water came out of my bathroom ceiling again. The good news is the plumbing upstairs is 97% effective. And this has only been going on since April. Actually, there were a couple months there that I didn’t see much sewer water at all. But, alas, they haven’t fixed it, and they don’t know what to do. Last month, they asked that I call the emergency pager number next time, while it is still wet and dripping, so they can trace it. Yeah, like I spend the day sitting in my bathroom waiting for the soggy ceiling to collapse! I suggested they drill a hole in the ceiling so it would drain into my toilet instead of the floor, but they must not have noticed such a brilliant idea. Instead of helping them out with it, I taped up a plastic bag, and it did its job quite well. I came home today, and the bag was on the floor, but the pint of water in it didn’t appear to have spilled. I poured it into a jar, and took it to the office with a note of explanation. Assured them that I was disappointed, and found it unacceptable. I sort of feel bad leaving a jar of urine on the desk in the office, but it was sealed inside—instead of all over my floor. I really need to get rough with them, but I don’t have the emotional stamina for it. “Enclosed is a sample of the sewer water that fell from my ceiling. This is a typical volume and color.” Maybe thinly veiled condescension will be effective. Or maybe I should call the Health Department.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.