Wednesday, July 13, 2005

connected...finally

This evening I got internet at my apartment. So I plugged my computer into the cable modem, and pushed the button....nothing. It worked last night... I checked the cables. So, I got my spare computer (ToBe) and it worked fine. A bit slower, but ok. I took the other apart (a 1.2gHz that my brother-in-law found in the dumpster, didn't work at home, so I brought it out here and it worked,,,for a while) The fuse in the power supply is burned out, so I'll have to find another. But that could be a symptom.

Last night me and Aaron (guy from work who lives in my apartment complex) went and played softball with some interns from various nearby companies. I did poorly, as usual, and our team lost drastically. (we almost got a run)
On our way back, we joined some neighbors playing volleyball. They were sober, but horificly foul-mouthed. I wonder what it is like out there when I see them playing drunk all weekend!
Comments:
Glad you're starting to get settled in. Which apartments did you end up going to?
 
I went for cherry hills. It was the first I visited, seemed like about the nicest, but it cost a little more than the others at 411/month. There are problems (like my hall almost always smells like stale smoke.) but I'd probably have that sort of thing wherever I'd gone. So, it has been good to have a place to call home for several months until I get a house on the edge of town (my dream).
 
sounds like you are getting to meet some quality people...
 
hurray! drunken vollyball! hurray!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.