Thursday, January 05, 2006

more stuff

This afternoon I drove around Wichita some more looking for the perfect sewing machine, i.e. one that was really cheap. I finally came upon a shop that looked deserted, but the lights welcomed me in out of the falling dusk. As I began to look around, a friendly voice greeted me from the back. The older man showed me the various models he had. I admitted my criterion, and he showed me a nice White, for $60, ten cheaper than any other I had found. After trying it, and looking at some others, I chose the White, paid the pleasant fellow and went on my way.
So, now I can add more fabric to my future furniture designs. It is more complex than any I have used before, but it also does simple stitches, which I will probably use more often, at least until I understand more of the controls. It has pathways for two threads, but only one neddle, so I suspect that I need some more attachments in order to use some functions.

I'll call this picture "Essence of Sewing Machine" because it sure isn't a clear, definative diagraphic.
Comments:
does it make coffee? mmmmm...coffee....
 
That's cool. You are like the only guy in his 20s I know that has a sewing machine, because most guys in their 20s don't know how to work one.
 
in fact, you might be the only guy i know with a sewing maching. oh well.

how does one go about getting put on the "link" section of people's blogs? i wanna play too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.