Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Trip to Iowa

This weekend was a lot of fun, plus it was a bit longer than most. Friday after work, I drove to Iowa. Much of my path through MO was hindered by snow, but I got through that and went on to Cedar Rapids.
The next morning, we picked up Bolt at the airport, and came back and pulled out some ancient, but powerful (still) computers and got them working with some special monitors I had brought with me--the Surplus Store rocks!
In the evening some other LU folk came by and so we talked and had a good time, including some food. Sunday we went to church, watched as aduma and Sam set up equipment, and in Sunday school Bolt talked about his past and future work with Wycliffe. After church I helped coil up sound cables, in a very specific way. Fortunatley I had gained this specific skill doing construction. We went to a pizza place with a large group from the church. After a fun and enlightening time, we went back and I packed up my stuff, and was about to leave, when I decided not to drive back until monday, so we sat around and Bolt's upcoming trip to PNG was discussed. (read more at Bolt's blog.
We also decided that I should get an RC airplane, which seems like a reasonable thing to do. So, I am going over to Aaron's apartment this evening, and picking his brain about how to build one, or where to buy one. We'll see what happens.
Eventually the trip had to come to an end, but not before seeing Bolt off at the airport, And a snowless, but still long trip back to Wichita.

Comments:
well, i am glad you had a good time! i was wondering where the normal weekend post was...
 
Jessie, do you just sit around and look for algorithms (Big cool word that I don't know the meaning) in how often people update their site? Any how, Tob was this method of wraping cords called "Over-under"? If it was I must say you learned a valuable skill that will land you a job wrapping cords with the best bands in the business. OK so maybe not but it is a good skill.
 
i don't know about the algorithms, but i am online at work every day, and you alls' blogs are much more exciting than seeing how many more people have died of bird flu, who has a high blood lead level, and what type of "safe sex" poster i should order for the lobby. my theory is, my cousins' blogs only take a second, and looking at them makes me a much happier, more balanced employee.
 
Hey, I know where you can buy a RC airpline--I'm surprised caseihman didn't mention it! It is in my basement, kitchen, and various other parts of my house, and I'd sell it real cheap-like!
Aunt N
 
Ok, you hold the end of the cord in your left hand, palm forward, with the end toward your thumb. The rest of the cord is running past your right hand which is palm back. As you bring your right hand to your left hand, twist the cord so the top comes toward you and lay the cord in your left hand, sliding your right away again. Next time you bring it up, twist the cord, top away from you, and bring up your right hand so that the cord coming from your left hand is laying across the back of your right hand just before you let go. Keep on alternating, so that the cord doesn't end up with a whole bunch of twists in it when you unwind it, but each loop untwists the one before it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.