Monday, July 18, 2005

There and back again too

So, I went to MO this weekend, leaving after work on Friday and reaching my destination at 10:30. Which was the house my family is building. We spent the night at the house for the first time. In the morning we worked on finish wiring. My little brothers had been working on outlets and ceiling fans. Three-way switches are confusing.
In the evening I cleaned some tempered glass to take back to KS. Eight pieces, 20.5" by 21" from which to make a desk.
I also talked on the phone to my two sisters and brother-in-law until both ears were sore.
Sunday I skipped out of church early to catch a ride back to our new house. There I waited until my ride to KS arrived. We loaded up my stuff and took off, looking forward to getting home just after dinner. And then the car started to die at stop signs. It would start back up fine...sputter and die. Our suspected culprit was watery gasoline he had filled up with earlier. But that was a week and a few tanks ago. So, we got some Heet and dumped it in, filled up with gas, dumped in more Heet and it seemed to be doing ok, so we got on the interstate and didn't have any trouble for 40 miles. His dad lived a couple hours away, so while we waited, we took off the fuel filter, shook out black powder with the gas and replaced it. We drove another ten miles, but when we stopped, it started acting up again. When his dad replaces the filter and it still didn't work, we parked it at a repair place and rode to his house, where we ate and then left about 6: headed for KS with five hours ahead of us, in his mom's pickup. The rest of the trip was uneventful, though we looked forward to getting up early in the morning for a long, tired day at work. But we made it and the car needs flushing out, but should be fine. I am glad I got to go.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.