Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Good day, bad day

Yesterday at work I had a pretty good day.  I made some good progress, found some stuff out, and stayed on task and got stuff done.
Today was a little different.  Most of the afternoon I wanted to hit something, anything. I guess I was focusing on the frustrations, and the "why can't I just...." and getting annoyed that things wouldn't work, when it was obvious (now) how to make things so they would.  Just the little things, like spending a couple minutes and dozens of clicks transferring an address from Outlook to Messenger, so I can tell when a guy I need to get up with is in. I figured that they would work together pretty well, but noooo! they carefully use different levels of abstraction and inaccessibility on the addresses.
I think my problem is that I am looking at problems and inconsistencies, not as challenges to be overcome, but as frustrations and attacks on my understanding of reality.  I have been writing down problems I see and sometimes solutions to them, and so now I have some little note cards on my desk that don't do anything to actually make things work more smoothly, but they do help me remember what should be fixed, should I get the chance. Because I know best.  Yeah, right. Most of my solutions include some form of "shoot this donkey and get another different donkey".

Comments:
perhaps you should shoot the donkey and get a horse
 
perhaps you should shoot the donkey and the horse and move to Columbus.

We also think you should patent your art work.
 
Probably best would be to file a patent covering "Shaping, arranging and/or fastening wood, metal, glass, plastic and/or other materials in funtional and/or aesthetically pleasing forms, or the adjusting and rearranging of existing items into other forms."
That way, I would basicly own everyone's stuff--sure they could "have" it, but my patent would limit what they could do with it. Makes sense that me thinking of a way to do something with my stuff reduces everyone's property rights a little.
 
You should definitely go for that patent, Abu. The whole world would have to pay you tribute!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.