Tuesday, July 04, 2006

another weekend

This weekend I didn't have much planned, even though it was a long one. I was sort of wondering what I was going to do, but then Bubbles showed up. After we talked about our jobs for a while, we decided to make something. Well, first we cut some stuff up with a thread. Yeah, just a piece of thread, pulled back and forth against pretty much anything will cut a fine-kerfed line. And very manuverable.


We got my airplane engine back together--well, all the pieces that were reusable anyway. I need a few carburator parts.


Most of our time was spent machining a new manifold for the top of my fountain/waterfall. It was just a hose, delivering the water to one place on the stone--now we have a multi-ported distribution device with holes drilled from multiple directions, intesecting in the inside, with the ends of some holes plugged afterwards with epoxy'ed-in rubber stoppers. We tied some plants to it as well. Especially without a machine, (is that what you "machine" stuff with?) the fiber/plastic material we used was much better than wood or metal. I got some scraps when they made the deck around the apartment office.

I'm afaid the little plants are going to die, just siting out there without dirt--but that is how they were before I cut them off the parent plant--and I put those stems in the water...Maybe I'll machine some holes in the top of the block, with a tiny port to the water flow, and plant them in some dirt.
Comments:
they would probably last along time if they could get their feet into the water supply
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.