Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Crazyness

So, I am not quite insane yet, but if I take a picture with a digital camera through an IR filter, I get some cool images. Sort of like normal pictures, but pinkish, and trees are bright. Check it out!







In other news, I had a great weekend with Fjord at his parents', along with Bubbles, Dex and Grey. We cut branches out of locust trees, the type that has all these pokey things, and poison ivy climbing up them. And I got to drive an old Allis-Chalmers D17---that lever is a hi-low shifter, not a hand clutch.
Fjord told us all about his work at Wycliffe this summer. He showed us the program he worked on, and some of it's cool features he made. It is a well designed program--and even though I don't know linguistics, it was interesting and helpful. FieldWorks does it's job like a program should.

Today I spent a good bit of time walking out in the shop. I find that I can find out a lot more by talking to the mechanics, and looking at the parts, than digging through the part numbers on my computer. Really, the two strategies are complementary.

I got a new tire for Cecil yesterday--now I'm not running on a donut anymore, but a tire slightly wider than the others. For better traction, since it is on the tire with out a brake.
I am also looking for a new car. I'm sort of hesitant to replace Cecil---who knows if my next car will actually start everytime. Will it be as totally failure resistant as my current one?

And here are some more pictures---notice how the rainbow shows up moved over, and you can see a second one that you can't see in the visible light picture.



Comments:
Might I suggest a saturn for a new car? Most run well until around 100K, and then have problems which you or I would conside minor. I got 40mpg on the highway fully loaded.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.