Thursday, October 27, 2005

death comes to us all...

...especially those of us who cannot run or hide from chainsaw wielding agents of a darker world. Who choose not to shy away from or fight the envoys of death. Those of us who stay at our post, solemn and still, until we can not stand anymore. Who bring to others shelter from the blistering summer, but pass on from above the warming winter rays . Move only in the wind, feeding off the breath of the more mobile. And even when dead provide warmth and shelter to others, possibly the very ones who brought about our demise.








I took this tree for granted, which swayed outside my window until today. I hardly noticed it's presence, until I came home to find it's severed trunk piled lazily on the grass. It was just another part of my life that slowly brought joy and life into my wreckless existence. I will enjoy the grass while it lasts, it speaks much better than the burnt, hard earth that may replace it tomorrow.






Comments:
that reminds me of the severe deforestation problems on lu's campus.
 
Seriously. WWSS: What would Spotty say?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.