Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ahh, fall


It became cold today. In a way that makes me think that it means it this time. I had some Granny Smith apples, but they were too sour to eat for midafternoon snack--I didn't even try. But, I thought, wouldn't some apple pie be good? Or better yet, some apple dumplings! So, I bought some brown sugar and a few more apples. I cored the apples (pretty hard with a knife, without cutting it open) And I stuffed butter and brown sugar into the resulting hollow in the apples. Next I mixed up some pie crust--pretty simple: butter, flour and then milk (I put in a little baking powder as an experiment). Rolled it out flat, wrapped each apple, and they are baking now. I have been scooping up the resulting juice and pouring it over the top of the apples every so often. It didn't seem to have enough liquid, so I added too much. Baking sugar/apple/butter into the crust makes it oh, so delectable. Now I need some icecream to eat it with, but alas.
Comments:
Woah! That too, is impressive, Abu! Way to rule the kitchen : ).

I'm glad to hear that you had such fun road tripping to LU. That's definitely cool that you all got to go!

Have a fantastic Friday!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.