Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mouse with magnets

Ok, just some quick pictures of my mouse and saucer. Here is the mouse, under the glass, under the saucer, nicely hanging on.












Here is the mouse with it's button levers and the bottom of the saucer with the cloth (to make it slide) pulled back so you can see the array of magnets that match some of the magnets I put inside the mouse. The center one holds the mouse ball against the glass, since gravity isn't helping us out.
The multiple magnets keep the mouse oriented correctly and make sure that it slides along.







And a side view of the mouse and saucer. All of these are in my kitchen because the lighting is much better there--and my camera is very picky.

I plan to glue a magnet or two to the bottom, or bottom edge of the cup, allowing me to manipulate the mouse buttons, by way of the magnets on the ends of the button levers. I will simply move the cup over them to click the buttons.

Epoxy is cool.
I also need to cut away parts of my frame to leave room for the mouse to move--and plug into the motherboard.
Comments:
Only Abu.... that's just awesome.
 
what if you lift the saucer off the table?
 
You can wash it and then replace it, pick the mouse back up and put it back in place. And it really only has one way that it fits, being "keyed", if you will, by the matching array of reversed magnets
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.