Sunday, February 12, 2006

What is her name?

So, I have a new thing in my house, an RC plane! I have wanted to fly for, oh, about 20 years. And now I have a plane. I got it pretty close to flightworthy, I needed to take apart the carb--pretty elegant little design--and there is still a little to do on it.
While not new and shiney this plane should do what it needs to--make me familiar with RC, flying, and the RC community. Also, being a "trainer", I should be able to easily learn to fly on it because it is inherintly stable and easy to control.



Now she just needs a name. You make some suggestions while I go build a plane rack for my car.
Comments:
exactly how big is this plane?
 
71" wingspan (6 feet)
56" nose to tail (5 feet)
weighs several pounds
.40 cu. in. engine
 
how about seagull? the blue and white reminds me of the ocean; and seagulls are kind of annoying, but fascinating and exciting nonetheless----just like the beautiful little plane filling your living room. can you design the plane rack so the plane creates a little lift and decreases wear on your tires?
 
peteinon (pi epsilon tau epsilon iota nu omega nu) is ancient Greek for "a bird"... That would be my vote : ).
 
how about amelia or lindy?
 
All very good suggestions...
How does Amelia Peteinon Seagull sound? Somewhat familiar for some reason---but a very good name for an RC plane that transends the normal "fly-to-live" menial mediocrity and instead "lives-to-fly." And as she practices not just speed, but control, she will continuously perfect her skill, never ceasing to improve.
 
you could refer to her as APS since everything needs an acronym.
 
You could Name it Mrs. Tob
She takes money and time and I would guess she even has personality. She provides comfort for you and is an inpiration at times. And of course she has her ups and downs and you probably go round and round with her at once and a while. You probably would even pick her up when she is down.
I vote for "Mrs Tob"
 
NANCY !! WHAT ELSE?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.