Thursday, August 17, 2006

So it happens

Well, it appears that I have now paid off one of my student loans---I'm about halfway done now!  It is cool that I have a job that allows me to chuck large amounts of cash at getting rid of these financial annoyances.  I could have done it faster, if I had cared enough about it, and less about other things. Now I have more to concentrate on my remaining loans. Or, I could buy a nice car.

In other news, this evening I pumped about 120mA of current through one little infrared LED.  The good news is that it didn't burn out. The bad news is that my current set up with a piece of glass did not light up satisfactorily when I touched the back of the glass.  I could get a tiny crescent of a glow when I took a digital still of the glass---but that could have been ambient reflecting off my thumbs.  The IR filters I have seem to work pretty good---I just don't have enough light!  Maybe I should have gotten hundred of the little LED's, instead of just 16.  Maybe I should just forget the IR thing, and go with visible light---a fluorescent tube or two, and some aluminum foil and tape.

Well, it is that time again: bedtime, and I haven't eaten supper. I don't think.  I did put some chicken and potatoes in a crockpot. I should dump in some spices. oooh, maybe some onions if I have them.  I had Chiquadillas(tm) for supper last night. While the idea isn't mine, the name is original.  It's like chicken quesadillas, only you use unhatched chicks. Pronounced like chickadee.

Comments:
hi abu, hope you had fun in ?texas? we had a great weekend in lenox, with 4 children under a year and a half (david and brooke came). but missed you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.