Saturday, April 02, 2011

amazing

Thursday, January 3rd, 2008

If you ever wondered how your cells find an infection, and what is going on, this is a complex video that shows the amazing work that happens:

http://multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu/anim_innerlife_hi.html

In other news, I keep buying plumbing parts for my car. It is surprisingly hard to find some parts—like a 3/4 by 3/8 NPT bushing. I changed how I’m going about it, so now I need to return some stuff.

Is it better to buy good tools (like pliers) or cheap ones for 1/4 the price? I don’t use them much.

As usual, my house is cold, I’m hungry and it’s time to head to bed.

Did you know that it is a common misconception that microwaves heat water by vibrating their bonds with a resonant wave? You don’t get much resonance from liquid water with all the molecules bumping into each other. Actually 2.4GHz was chosen because it wouldn’t interfere with existing radio transmission. At least so says this guy, among other things:
howthingswork.virginia.edu


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.