Monday, September 19, 2005

The flag still stands for freedom...

Here I am in the country which shines as the paragon of freedom and liberty for the entire human race. Where beyond the golden rule there are few limits on the creative nature. Here, where we broke out from under oppressive english rule because they dared to impose a few cents of tax on our tea. We are proud to have built a country where there is no one dictating the flow of our lives, where laws are passed to protect the poor and give them a chance to compete with the rich. Here in this country, if you want to make a better life for yourself, through hard work you can usually pull it off, and if you fall down, the government is always there to give you a hand up, and a guardrail, so you don't fall down again. And who doesn't need a guardrail--some fence to keep you from falling off a cliff? And there is danger everywhere! I don't even have to stand up on my own anymore, the fences keep me from falling over. But I can dream of climbing over the spikes on the safety fence, of roaming the world, maybe I'll be lucky enough to see a mountain! And when I awake, I am still in my nice safe cage.
Comments:
That's perhaps the best anti-building codes rant I've ever heard...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.