Monday, August 29, 2005

end table conceptualization

This after noon I spent a while trying to figure out the angles needed to make the end tables the way I want them. The green is the glass top, with one "V" flat under it, and the other "V" flat on the floor. I tried all sorts of fancy vector math--even pulled out my robotics notes from Dr. Lee. Trying to get the angle shown in red. The big difficulty is that I just want to cut the ends of the legs--let the diagonal be just a rectangular solid. Finally I simplified it into a bunch of right triangles--then I could get it. The 3D stuff really threw me through a loop and made me realize how much I didn't learn/have forgotten from school.


I also took a break and went under the road to see the muskrats, but they didn't seem to be out and about. I wonder if they washed away in all the rain we have been having. (pics are actually from yesterday)


It is cool, I can slip into the culvert at one side of the road, and not even get out at this end and still pretty much see if the muskrats are out. I don't feel as out of place as sitting by the side of the busy road, staring at the ditch. More pics in July.
Comments:
You're absolutely amazing, Abu! I wish I had your mad skillz... ; )
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.