Wednesday, September 07, 2005

there and back again

This weekend I flew to Ohio and visited my brother, sister-in-law and other brother. And my mother came up a few days early so she could see me. (she was coming anyway)

I got there at the end of a two week scramble to make half of a duplex livable, as they were putting on the finishing touches, cleaning up, and moving in. There was wiring being done, plumbing being hooked up, appliances being swapped about, and then my brother's girlfriend came along behind and cleaned it all. By the time I left, they were moved in, and starting to make the other side of the duplex ready for a tenant.

Now I am back in Wichita, and work. The strike is still on. The big problem is that since Seattle is striking, Spirit doesn't have anyone to send the planes to when there are done. So, the shop is going to three day weeks and my department is sending a lot of people to other departments that don't produce anything. Or at least aren't financially intertwined with shipping a plane a day to the great wet north. I didn't ask where I was going--I'll probably find out tomorrow, and I am not sure how to feel about being shuffled to other places--could be good or bad either way. So, I didn't go ask. It will happen eventually. It is either stay, go to the -900ER or the 787. I think the 787 would be interesting, or stressful. Que sera
Comments:
have you been sent one way or the other? are you still running around creating paper? Have you made a decision to move to iowa yet? From what I hear, the [insert something cool here] is excellent this time of year, you would not want to miss out.
 
It turns out that I wasn't on the list of people that are being moved--and others that are on the list won't be moved for 4 weeks or so (like Aaron) and even then they will probably stay where they are, and just work on different stuff.
So, I am still making paper in the same place.
I don't see Iowa in the near future, but maybe someday...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.