Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I listened to a talk over lunch today that was very inspiring--the people speaking had enthusiasm for their jobs (which seemed pretty cool) and it showed.
Afterward, one of the speakers came up to me and said, "I saw that I really had your attention for a while there." I tried to think of one of the interesting things he spoke about, and drew a blank. So, I just said so. Here I was, being spoken to by one of my superiors, (in an enviable department) and my mind failed. I spent the rest of the day just laughing at myself, because I wanted to cry, but couldn't.

Later I thought of all the things he talked about--networking people, how SGI ended up making the Indigo a superior product (copy machines that only made one copy at a time, so people would stand around and talk, a pingpong table so people could gather around drawings).

Oh, I'd better get to bed, so I can get to work, put in my 8 and go home...No! that is the attitude that makes my department lack the enthusiasm and excellence that these guys had. Maybe I should start going in when I feel like it, so I feel like it when I am there...

I'll try to find some time to talk about S&L Co....
Comments:
Ah, the proverbial brain fart. Irritating.

I hear you're getting company this weekend. Fun! Wish we could come too.
 
yes, have a great time! wish i could be there, but our stupid jobs wanted us to work... are you going to fly the plane, since it will be a balmy 2 degrees all weekend?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.