Tuesday, February 21, 2006

More computer


Just when I though that I had enough computers, I hooked up this monster. It has some pretty features, but I am not sure how best to use it. A guy at work asked me what I do with my computers, how do I use them to help others, or what business use do I have for them. Good question. I think next task is a webserver, but that is pretty useless unless you have something to serve. Or, I could put Window$ [genuflects] on one of them and buy a good CAD program for a couple hundred bucks, and draw stuff. It would take the guesswork out of furniture making. Actually, there is a huge vacuum in the linux world for a good, parametric modeling program. If you write one, tell me. Or, I could install an RC simulator and get the hang of flying--and landing.

I still have a couple other computers and four more monitors, but they will wait for another day.
Comments:
If you have extra monitors you could make a "TV Wall" by stacking them all together and coordinating them to make one big screen. I don't know how this can be done but I am sure it could be with the right stuff.
 
This article suggests VariCAD, LinuxCAD, arcad, Cycas, or Synergy. I haven't used any of them, but it might be worth a look.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.