Saturday, November 18, 2006

Now I just need some fish

Here's device that allows me to view and photocopy microfich. I got it some time ago a the surplus store, but didn't ever try it out. So, today I cleaned it off and fired it up.



It worked pretty well, but I didn't have any microfich, so I used some photograph negatives. I was thinking that maybe I could use it as a sort of microscope---the highest magnification is 50x.


Here is a shot of my sink, as displayed by the device.

Below is a close-up of the stage and lens assembly.


I'm not sure what to do with it. Seems there should be some use for a device that displays and prints out anything thin and partially transparent. It could also be reworked to capture any light projected into it. I could use it for its normal purpose, if I had some microfich.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.