Sunday, August 21, 2005

frisbee and food

Today I ended up going to Vineyard again. After church Landon invited me to go play Ultimate frisbee later in the day. So I went up to the Sedgwick County Park and had a good time. There were 8-9 people, and so we made the field pretty small. But I still got a good bit of running in--which is good for me. And so much more fun than working out in a gym. There was a range of skills there, but everyone had a good time, I think.

Meanwhile, my crock pot was making potato soup. It is good, even though I didn't follow the recipe exactly (I rarely do).

To start a story about this evening at the begining...
I went to Rosedale just before LU. Of the 150 students, one in particular was named Steve. Later on Steve lived with my brother and his wife in VA, (until my brother moved to OH a few months ago). The other day I found out that Steve's brother Chris goes to the Vineyard here, and this evening I met him. He was talking to Landon who was thinking about going to LeTourneau, turns out Chris graduated from LU in '98. Landon was asking about the CE program at LU. (Anybody have any insights I should pass on?) Although I have not kept up with Steve, (or pretty much anyone from RBC) it was cool to make the connections.
Comments:
sam gradumicated as a ce, and I am sure he would have some insights, he is often on im or you can message me for his email
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.