Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thanksgiving

This weekend was dedicated to visiting my family and catching up on everyone's life. The party started at 1:am when we were picked up from the airport by my sister and brother-in-law, but the pig was already roasting when I left Atlanta. Thursday the cousins played the traditional CTF in the big blue room -- complete with grass, woods and spikey plants. That worked up a good appetite for the late afternoon meal. Turkey, and a whole roast pig, and mashed potatoes and dressing et. al, were consumed in great quantities.
After dinner was cleared away, we had a "white elephant" gift exchange. We drew numbers and then picked wrapped gifts in that order. I was pretty close to the end, because I drew -- you guessed it -- 41. I ended up with a Hebrew-English dictionary. I think the cousin that got a mouse and Ubuntu disk set will find it useful.
The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. An afternoon at the beach was spent digging enormous, strategically placed holes and harassing whoever sat in the old wheelchair we brought along. As people left, things quieted down until finally I left Monday afternoon, and flew back, waiting for hours in Atlanta while they busily delayed flights.
Here are some pictures that seemed to be taken while I was there.
All of us
Some
More Pictures

It is cold here now.
Comments:
hi tob,
yeah, we missed our flight and had to stay overnight in D.C. it was actually fun---we walked three miles to find a Thai restaurant, and watched a movie about africa in the hotel. it snowed last night here.
 
Well it didn't snow here!!!! and I didn't miss the flight either.... but we had a great time
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.