Monday, November 07, 2005

Warning: Post is mostly technical in nature.



I have not done much on the home front lately. I did get my wireless network working --- my table is networked using two WRT54G's. Per Pebble's suggestion, I started Electric sheep on the table. Due to memory restrictions (64MB) It runs really slow and the hard drive runs pretty constantly.
Thanks to a donation by J5, there are more cards in the ceiling library, including a 486 mobile. While we are talking about hardware, I have a printer/copier/scanner that a guy from work gave me -- some of the printer nozzles are plugged it seems. Now I just need to get it working with TWAIN, so I can print stuff.





The other evening I went over to the house of a guy from work and tried to get his net to work. He had a cable modem that he wanted connect to his laptop. No net jack on the laptop, and Windows ME's New Hardware Wizard would hang when trying to install the USB drivers to connect to the cable modem that way. He had a nifty wireless router and PCMCIA card, but I had the same trouble with it's drivers as well. (plus, the router had a wrong, and broken, power supply) Was I right in suggesting that he reinstall windows? Is there a better way to make stuff work that doesn't?

I wonder if I am going bald. My hair is everywhere, screaming malnutrition, or maybe my brain is taking it's wear. Will stress or poor eating habits cause one's hair to fall out?

And on that note, I will go to bed.
Comments:
hi tobias,
yeah, you might not be eating well enough. try taking vitamin B-12 every day---this is great for general emotional health, too. do yu get enough protein and fresh vegetables?
Jess
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.