Friday, February 24, 2006

new bike!


Well, not really new. I got it a while back, when I was trying to buy a sewing machine on ebay, ended up with a bike, in a city four hours away, but then some friends just happened to be going there, so they got it, and it has sat in my dining room ever since. So, with the return of warmish weather and a transitory fascination with fitness and exercise, I pulled it out, put some wd-40 and never-seize on it and rode it around. I need to get some brakes. And as long as I am fine with two gears, it is quite serviceable. Should I get a helmet? I won't be riding on the road much...

Yes, that is a wine glass, and yes it has alcohol in it. It also has part of the engine of my plane. I took my plane out the other night and a guy helped me start it, and it ran, but not all that well. And the mixture valve didn't close all the way. (which I hear it is supposed to) So, I am trying to clean it out. I need to adjust it so it isn't as rich, but can't. It is a very simple little engine. Do you think my neighbors will be annoyed if I run it out in the parking lot? It is pretty loud.
Comments:
I'd get a good helmet if you're planning to ride it much. You'll probably never have need of it to save your skull, but we are all unfortunatly mortal. Besides, brownie points with mom. Bike looks cool btw.
 
you don't need a helmet. simple denial of your mortality should suffice. look, i've proved it.
 
if you are not riding on the road, only on soft squishy kansas trails with no trees or boulders, you should be fine. but if you are doing tricks or near hard things, think of it this way: your head is your most valuable possesion.
 
because without it, where would you be?
 
father yoder says be careful if you drink the alcohol not to swallow the engine parts.
 
Who needs a halmet? The worst thing you will do is die, and if you don't die on a bike, life itself will eventially kill you.
What you should do is mount your plane engine on the bike. Then you don't need to worry about gears. Brakes? they don't get you very far, so just skip them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

There is hope as we change the world one person at a time.